Stereo mastering is an essential part of the music creation process. For most clients a stereo mix is provided online. Easy as that.
How to prep your mix for export
Take your time to have a good listen to the track to make sure everything is mixed to your liking.
A few basic guidelines:
- Aim for peak levels between -12 and -3db.
- The bass and bass drums are two instruments that are key to solo together to ensure they are balanced and not stepping on each others range.
- Turn off all compression and limiting on the master channel.
- If your DAW has an option for dithering turn this off.
- Render as WAV, minimum 16 bit 44.1khz. No mp3s please.
- Ensure that nothing clips during playback.