Multi track mixing is the most advanced way of completing your track. Similar to stem mastering our mixing services allow precision editing and balancing of each sonic element. You would prepare an export of each track in your project.
Benefits of mixing
Individual track mixing allows individual mix changes on the instrument level. This means that any sound can be adjusted and tuned to create a balanced mix that really stands out.
How to prepare your project
If you follow these basic steps it should be easy to create the stems required for mastering:
- Label each track for export
- Turn off all compression and limiting on the master channel. Keep sidechains, reverbs and delays in the mix. It can help to render separate wet/dry version which contain only the reverb. We may request this.
- Aim for peak levels between -18 and -3db.
- The bass and bass drums are two instruments that are key to solo together to ensure they are balanced and not stepping on each others range.
- If your DAW has an option for dithering turn this off.
- Render as WAV, minimum 16 bit 44.1khz. No mp3s please.
- Ensure that nothing clips during playback.